Today I started my first day in pre-k at Timothy Elementary School and I would be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous. I walked through my classroom doors and was met with smiles by my mentor teacher and parapro ( who had no idea I was coming, oops). The day got off to a quick start. Morning meeting consisted of the children going around the room and telling their names and something they loved to do. My heart was already beginning to melt. Next it was time for centers. My favorite center is “dramatic play” aka dress up. Little girls put on heels 3 times too big for them and pranced around while boys wore firemen hats and played with dinosaurs. The day is a blur between singing, dancing, playing, reading, recess and eating. Oh, and an hour for nap.
I want to be best friends with my mentor teacher already so that’s a bonus. She made me coffee during nap time and is eager to teach me the ways of pre-k. She is sweet and encouraging and great with the children. She and the parapro run after school and they invited me to go with them on Thursdays and Fridays so I’m starting tomorrow and I can’t wait. I feel so lucky to have such a good placement. I can’t wait to see what the rest of pre-k has to offer!
No comments:
Post a Comment