At the beginning of the semester the idea of blogging was scary to me. Maybe because I didn't' actually know how to blog or what it really was. Now, as the semester closes, I've come to love blogging and what it has taught me. We only have a couple of weeks left in the semester (MY FINAL SEMESTER AT ACTUALLY AT UGA!) so I figured I would leave my last blog as a list of things that I have learned from all of my classes and my field experience in these couple of months:
Things that I have learned this semester:
- 8 am is early regardless of what people tell you. 8:15 makes a HUGE difference
-You don't feel nearly as good about something you did in the end if you weren't extremely nervous about it in the beginning (ex: sharing in class, blogging, PRE-K, writing in general)
-a great mentor teacher can literally change your life
- I am actually arts and crafty now thanks to pre-k
- Having teachers who care results in kids who love school. Whether they are 3 or 23
- I could spend all of my money on books
-I can't wait to be a teacher and have my own classroom
This list could go on and on and on but I'll stop for now. Long story short, I have learned a lot about myself as a person and as a future teacher and it feels good :)
I am so glad you are coming to the end of the semester feeling good. I agree that some of the best learning we do comes from experiences that make us a little bit uncomfortable. I always admire the way you all dive in to these assignments with an adventurous spirit. You inspire me.
ReplyDeleteIt seems like you've had a transformative semester. I couldn't be more pleased for you, or more excited for the future!
Thanks for all the thoughts you've shared here!